POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [help] Illegal random number generator error : Re: [help] Illegal random number generator error Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [help] Illegal random number generator error
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 2 Dec 1999 03:41:15
Message: <384630ab@news.povray.org>
Ron,

Thank you for putting me back on track so kindly. And not treating me like
the idiot I was. I do not know what went wrong with my mind. I mean: I use
rand() and seed() since they exist, a search on my HD for "seed(" reported
around 30 files I recently wrote myself, some no more than three weeks ago
(and few older because my HD is getting small, so I clean it frequently).
and yet this week I was unable to use it correctly. Were you to ask if I
read the doc I would have said "yes" without hesitation. Heck, I did before
posting. And reading your post, I did not understand what you wrote. I was
so sure I knew how to use rand(). Both with the doc and your post I
_skipped_ the seed() part. Unconsciously. I guess it's time I update _my_ OS
:-). Please, accept my apologise for being such a moron.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Philippe